Delivering electricity, excellence and value …. safely, every day.
“The Northeast Power is dedicated to providing reliable and competitively priced electricity to our consumers while maintaining a sound financial position and effective, fair, and consistent service.”
The Northeast Nebraska Public Power District (Northeast Power) was formed in 1998 as a result of the consolidation of two smaller power districts: The Wayne County Public Power District and the Northeast Nebraska Rural Public Power District. At the time the Boards of Directors felt a consolidation would be an effective way to hold down overhead costs, improve efficiency and service, and ultimately keep retail electric rates low.
In 2000 Northeast Power assumed responsibility for serving 14 Villages and Towns with electric service. The Villages and Towns had previously been served by the Nebraska Public Power District, the only statewide electric company in Nebraska.
Northeast Power Today
- Northeast Power serves approximately 8,500 retail electric customers in Pierce, Thurston, Wayne, Dixon, and Dakota Counties in Nebraska.
- Northeast Power operates about 3,000 miles of electric lines and over 100 miles of high voltage transmission lines.
- Power is delivered to the Cities of Wayne, Wakefield, Winside, and Emerson over Northeast Power transmission lines from the Nebraska Public Power District which owns coal and nuclear generating plants.
These values apply to the Board of Directors, Management, and employees of the District and serve as the basis for all decisions, assessments/evaluations, and dealings with people.
- Treat others as we would expect to be treated ourselves. To forgive our customers and ourselves when we fail to do so.
- Deal with empathy with those truly in need and firmness with those seeking more than their due.
- Provide a workplace where employees are treated well, appreciated, and expected to perform their duties.
- Listen and strive for understanding prior to acting.
- Accept the need for change and constant improvement
- Deal openly with all issues and communicate frequently
- Hold ourselves most accountable for the positions of trust we have accepted
Consistently deliver more value to customers than we keep in our pay or the company keeps in required charges to customers