Critical Peak Pricing Texting Instructions
As a reminder, the options are as follows:
- Option A*: Text messaging notifications of Critical Peak Pricing
- Option B: Scheduled 5-hour daily curtailment during off-peak hours 4 a.m. until 9 a.m. daily
- Option C: Scheduled 5-hour daily curtailment from 11 p.m. until 4 a.m. daily in combinations with an additional possible 7 hours of daily text message curtailments
- Option D: ‘No-Control’ (no messaging is sent)
*To allow for the least amount of control hours, we have divided Option A customers into multiple call groups.
Call Group Rotations
It is important that you enroll to receive the correct messages for your group! We will rotate through the call groups when control is necessary.
Every attempt will be made to make the control between the call groups as even as possible.
Text Message Enrollment
For the 2022 season, we will automatically enroll you to receive text messages at the phone number we have on file for your account and the control group listed for your chosen option.
You will receive a welcome message prior to June 1. Critical peak hours will also be posted daily on our website and on our Facebook page.
If you do not receive the welcome message or to receive notifications at a phone number not listed on your electric account:
- Text the message “northirr” to the phone number (800) 750-9277
- You will receive a reply asking for your call group
- Send a reply text with the appropriate group that you are wanting to be notified for (A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, B11, or C21)
To stop receiving text messages, text ‘QUIT’ to the number (800) 750-9277.
Critical Peak Pricing Daily Notifications
- Starting June 1, a daily notification will be sent each morning indicating the likelihood (low or high) that critical peak pricing will be called for that day
- On days where load control is necessary, we will send another message stating that critical peak pricing will go into effect from
- We will attempt to provide notice approximately 1 hour in advance of actual critical peak pricing hours commencing
Option B or C Scheduled Start Date
- The scheduled start date for Option B or C could begin any day after June 1 but will be determined upon District actual load levels so could be much later in the summer
- If our loads allow, we will cancel the set schedule and reimplement if necessary, later in the season
- Northeast will send a text message communicating the schedule start date; this will also be posted on our website and our Facebook page
Please call (800) 750-9277 with any questions.
Have a safe and bountiful season!