What is the Low Income Household Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)?
LIHEAP helps low-income households by providing financial assistance to offset the costs
of heating and cooling.
What services are provided through LIHEAP?
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) provides the following financial
• Heating Assistance: Payments are made one time per heating season
(Oct. 1- Mar 31) to utility providers for eligible households.
• Cooling Assistance: Payments are made one time per cooling season
(June 1- Aug. 31) to utility providers for eligible households.
• Crisis Assistance: Payments are made year-round to utility providers to alleviate crisis
situations for eligible households under immediate threat of loss of home energy. This
includes payments for deposits and reconnect fees.
• Furnace/Central Air Conditioner Repair and Replacement Assistance: Financial
assistance for the repair or replacement of a furnace or central air conditioner up to $750.
• Window Air Conditioner Purchase Assistance: Financial assistance with the purchase of window air conditioners for
See attached flyer.